Botswana Meat Commission (“BMC”) wishes to confirm the following to all cattle supplying stakeholders and the public at large:
- That it is engaged in a legal/judicial process with a private company (“Applicant”), which used to provide services to its BMC Lobatse operations (“Respondent”)
- That, a writ of execution (“the writ”) was issued in favour of the Applicant by the High Court of Botswana, and was administered at the BMC Lobatse Head Office – administration block.
- The execution of the writ by the Deputy Sheriff, therefore temporarily affected parts of the BMC Lobatse administration services – however abattoir operations and other critical services continued undeterred.
- In view of these developments, BMC also sought relief from the High Court on Friday 15 March 2019 – regarding the execution of the writ – of which it was also successful in its application to bring all BMC services to normalcy.
- Cattle suppliers and other critical services to the BMC are therefore encouraged to continue transacting with the BMC, with neither fear nor anxiety on BMC’s ability to settle its financial commitments/obligations.
BMC is a strategic national asset that contributes to the economy of Botswana and therefore assures all, that the current legal matter shall not in any way impede on the current and future operations of the Commission.
BMC wishes to also express gratitude to all that have taken time and effort throughout the years, and even now, to support the Commission as it heralds Botswana Beef as a revered quality product in global markets.
For more enquiries on this, please contact [email protected] or at +267 5341227.
Dr Boitumelo Mogome-Maseko
Acting Chief Executive Officer
Date: 18th March 2019